Monday, March 22, 2010

The Spirit Touched My Heart...

Today as I sat in church my thoughts were drawn to the immense love my Heavenly Father has for me. I, being a child of God and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, have a knowledge of the promptings of the spirit. A church leader came today and sang a song about the love of Christ, just before, one of the sisters of my ward spoke of how great a sacrifice Christ had made for all the people of the world, and how each of us influence each other for good, whether we know it or not. I know the brother who sang at the stand about Christ's love brought the spirit so strongly and touched my heart. I never had felt the love of my father so strongly until that day. I was having a rough morning and really was thinking about things i had done wrong when i had gotten to sacrament. Grateful as i was to know the forgiveness of my Heavenly Father, I still felt bad. As I listened to the man sing (and he was not the best of singers either) I knew how much love the savior has and God has for me. tears streamed down my face, because i couldn't comprehend why he loves me so much, even after all the disappointing things i have done. Although I am striving for excellence, I still remember my load of sin. But in Sunday School I again felt the spirit touch my heart. For the lesson was on repentance ,and I knew this lesson was meant for me. I sat and listened as Brother Jones reiterated principles of forgiveness from the Lord, yourself, and others. It was this very instance when I received personal revelation that when the Lord forgives you he forgets that sin and remembers it no more, and i have struggled to forget my own sin and others sins, constantly remind myself of the past. but I realized to be forgiven i also need to forget, and that's a daunting task. I am on the Lords side and I have so much faith in him and his amazing healing power through the savior, that i can forget my sins because "men (who) keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded." (1 Nephi 17:3) and I am fulfilling his commandments and feel his strength and guidance, for these commandments were given out of pure love for his children. To forget is to not hold the burden of those sins, but remember the lesson that the sin you committed taught you. I am so grateful for my brothers and sisters who have firm testimonies in the Lord and who bring the spirit when they speak. I know that life is a struggle, but is much easier when walking in the Lords light, than in Satan's dark and sad path. The Spirit is a mighty comforter and can lead you in the light of the Lord as you choose to have him with you. I bare testimony of the truth of the Church, I know in my heart and in my mind that I can have eternal life because I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and am so blessed to have this everlasting knowledge. It is my hope that I have touched others to know that Heavenly Father wants all of us to be happy, and he wants us to have the spirit so we can do his work and gain an even greater testimony of his divine plan for all of us. It once was said that, "the longest journey begins with one step"... take that step towards the bright and eternal plan of your Heavenly Father and your journey will be blessed by him. I promise. I bare testimony for these things in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Oh Madolyn, I dare say you are as perfect as you need to be for me. I love you and wish you joy in your journey to find yourself and the happiness and peace you are striving for.