Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Confirmation ... (you will wish you could have seen it)


So today i had flown over for my confirmation at the church and i can only tell you with words my experience, when Vu gave me the gift of the holy ghost. Leading up to this sunday, since i had been baptized my missionaries had told me to pray for the holy spirit for my confirmation. So, every day, morning and night i prayed and desired the spirit to be with me in great abundanace on my day of confirmation. I felt the spirit, and i know i felt it because as soon as Vu placed his hand over my head, and the missionaries and bishopric surrounded me, i felt a huge weight in my chest and warmth as my eyes were closed. I was relieved and im so happy to have felt the spirit and know that its going to be with me always.

The picture is amazing, one of my favorites from my baptism because the light over me and the bishop and missionaries is God's light :)


-- 1 COR 2:5-- "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God"

4 comments:

The Best Years said...

Maddie, your confirmation sounds like a wonderful experience for you. I like the picture too :) Love, Aunt Sue

The Best Years said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Best Years said...

I love hearing about your happiness. It shines through in your posts :)
Love ya
Reme

Dee said...

I am very happy for you Maddie. I love you dear.
Aunt Dee