Wednesday, April 15, 2009
trips :)
Im going to florida to visit matt tomorrow wooot... wish me a safe flight! ill take pix if i remember, its nice to have the sisters around to take pix of everything bc im lacking the paprazzi skills that my aunts and mother have (as well as suz if she had a camera ;P) anywhooser... Since its the new quarter i thought i'd tell you guys what classes im taking, im currently taking online Nutritions class, a health and wellness class which is called health 250 and a PE 110 class bc i had to have 12 credits to play ball in the fall. but the PE class is cake lol i just have to work out like five days a week. im enjoying my classes so far although my online one is kind of hard to figure out at times. I also meet with the missionaries on mondays and wednesdays so they can teach me about mormonism... and its something im looking into really. I know I know that i need to do it for myself. Thats why i have asked questions, countless questions (they tell me im very logical lol) to find if the LDS church is true. My friend that i saw at church on Easter, also helped answer my questions as well which was nice, and said if i needed anything i could call him. So that was cool. Well Aunt Dee, i need to thank you for having me and my boyfriend over!!! He had a blast , and i think it was a great 20th celebration :):):)... Well im off to basketball practice... love to all the fam bam!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Have a safe and fun trip Maddie. I enjoyed your company, as I always do, and Matt seems like a great guy. Just make sure you're on the same page that you want to be on sweetie. Just to let you know, if you do join the LDS church..don't come knocking at my door in black and white with a book in hand!!lol Maybe that is another denomination. I'm chuckling at myself. You know I love you no matter what and I would open the door for you ANYTIME!!
Ah, warm Florida, nice!!
Aunt Dee
Have a great time in Florida Maddie, you are managing to get around pretty well. We have some very dear friends that are Mormon, do you remember the friend of Reme's and her family that came to Doug and my wedding? They are from Smithfield (near Utah). Jesica's Mom Elese is a good friend of mine and we still stay in touch. Whatever you do be sure it is for the right reason. Never hurts to learn more about other cultures and religions. Matt seems like a very nice, centered guy! You two look good together. Enjoy yourself. Love ya. Aunt Sue
Sis,
Enjoy Florida. Should be nice this time of year. Safe trip and all that jazz.
Say hi to Matt for me.
I was impressed with Matt at Easter, the way he interacted with the family. He seemed sincere and genuine. There is no question about his manners, politeness and social graces. That said, I will need further time with Matt in order to give you a better idea of my feelings about him, but let us say that the first impressions have been positive.
As for Mormonism and whether you feel it is the truth...
The Dalai Lama once said that you can eat a cake from the front or you can eat a cake sidewise...in both instances you are still eating cake.
Nobody has dibs on the one true "Truth," and to quibble over one path versus another is to miss the point, as the Dalai Lama intuited. When we argue over the path we are taking to God, whether my path is better than your path, whether my path is prettier than your path, we lose sight of the fact that the path itself is only what leads us to God, it is not God itself.
For you, the question will be if you can live with the path you're on, if it satisfies you and enriches your life. If it doesn't, then you will need to choose another path to God.
But don't be worried about "whether Mormonism is the truth."
God is the truth.
Religion is the question seeking the truth.
Love you.
Ty
hugs to Matt!
Be safe and call me when you get home!
Mom meant near Salt Lake I am sure.. Because Smithfield is in Utah already ;)
Humm... Mormonism... I agree with Tyler on this one. You don't need to change your beliefs to be with someone--that's not fair to you.
Matt is a great guy. Very inclusive and aware of how important we view family.
But he should work on the gay voice :P Hey Matt if your reading this I am being sarcastic! :)
Love ya maddoggie .. come see me soon :)
Florida sounds like fun, and so does Nutrition class :) Lina is always telling me to take a nutrition class and know what I put in my mouth. As far as mormonism...Whit and Ty said it best. I have a friend from kindergarten who is a Mormon and she is the most caring, loving, wonderful, unselfish person I have ever (or will probably ever) meet. Honestly, that is no lie. However, I have a feeling that she would be like that without religion. But, if you ever need a resource besides your friend at church and Matt, I will give you her number. She would love to talk to you about it. Have fun and an awesome quarter! Can't wait to see you and meet Matt this summer.
Love Reme
I love you more Mad!!!
Post a Comment